domenica 20 giugno 2010

Tomaso Albinoni - Concerto Op.9 n°2

MP3 192 Kbps - 4 RAR

Well, how to put it? It's obvious you may not agree with me but in my opinion this concerto is the "perfect baroque concerto". Some composers move more, there are pieces that give me sheer joy or bliss... still the overall quality of this composition is so constant from bar one of the first movement all through to the end of the third, that I decided to nominate Tomaso Albinoni's Concerto per Oboe in re minore Opus 9 n°2 as Best Instrumental Work of the Baroque Era.

Here I give you several rendition of this masterwork, from wonderful to, ehm... so and so, played with modern and authentic instruments, and so on...

I hope you will allow me this little and harmless game.


Block 1 (66Mb)

Camden, The London Virtuosi
de Bruine, Academy of Ancient Music
DeVries, Alma Musica
Dombrecht, Il Fondament
o

DepositFiles - FileFactory


Block 2 (79Mb)

Grazzi, Il Giardino Armonico (2nd movement only)
Holliger, I Musici
Lencses, Budapest Strings
Malgoire, Le Florilegium Musicum
Mayer, unknown


DepositFiles - FileFactory


Block 3 (49Mb)

Nepalo, Moscow Chamber Ensemble
Pierlot, I Solisti Veneti

Ponseele, Il Gardellino

DepositFiles - FileFactory


Block 4 (64Mb)

Reichenberg, English Concert
Robson, Collegium Musicum
Schilli, Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra
van Tright, I Musici


DepositFiles - FileFactory


8 commenti:

  1. Dearest Bibixy, these kind of, as you put it, games, made your blog probably the best on the subject available.
    Keep going,
    Ane, Serbia, West Balkans, far away from New Zealand :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Really impresive compilation; thank you, very much.
    No doubt your blog is the best place for ancient and baroque music in the whole web.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Your "game" is excellent for someone like me, who is just starting to get into this kind of music. I've only listened to the first "block" with the utmost attention and can say that Han de Vries really does it for me.

    RispondiElimina
  4. beautiful!!! i did not know this piece before, but you are right, it is gorgeous and sublime. and so fun to hear the different interpretations. :)

    thank you.

    RispondiElimina
  5. The perfect baroque concerto is Alessandfro Marcello's concerto in d minor.

    RispondiElimina
  6. Anch'io adoro questo concerto! O meglio, adoro tutto l'opus 9 di Albinoni! Io lo nominarei il miglior opus!

    RispondiElimina